Chilled Asparagus Soup
- 6 tbsps olive oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 lbs asparagus cut into 1/2" pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups low-salt vegetable broth
- 8 ozs fresh spinach
- 6 thin asparagus spears, tips removed, stalks halved crosswise, thinly sliced lengthwise
Heat 4 tablespoons oil in a large pot over medium-low heat.
Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 8–10 minutes.
Add 1/2" asparagus pieces and season with salt and pepper.
Cook until asparagus is bright green and tender, 4–5 minutes. Add broth, increase heat to high, bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium and simmer until asparagus is tender, 8–10 minutes.
Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 2 minutes.
Let mixture cool slightly.
Set a fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl; set aside. Working in batches, purée soup in a blender until very smooth.
Strain through prepared sieve.
Stir remaining 2 tablespoons oil into soup; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cover and chill until cold, approximately 3 hours.
You know you want to
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.